FAQ: Alerts and contacts
Can alerts about failures of one website be sent to many recipients?
Yes. You can define any number of alert recipients in "Your Contacts" section. Then you can assign them to selected monitored websites and choose how they will receive notifications.
How can the alerts be sent and how to set it up?
Our system sends alerts by email and SMS (mobile text messages). Additionally, alerts can be made available as an RSS feed.
The type of notifications that will be sent for a given monitored websites to a selected recipient can be chosen in website settings.
What is the proper mobile phone number format?
The ideal format is "CCXXXXXXXXX", where CC is a two-digit country code.
But if you enter the number differently, e.g. "+CC XXX-XX-XX-XX", our system will also handle this.
What should I do in order not to receive SMS alerts in the middle of the night?
In "Your contacts" section you can specify the times within which text messages can be sent to a given recipient.
What do alerts look like?
Email alert example:
SMS alert example:
"Your www.mywebsite.com website is unavailable"
Why do I only receive email alerts and not SMS alerts?
There are three possibilities for this:
- You didn't mark the checkbox that enables the sending of SMS alerts in the check's settings, next to the recipient.
- Your mobile phone number has been filled in incorrectly (the correct format is as follows: "CCXXXXXXXXX", where CC is your Country Code).
- The amount of available text messages has been exhausted. You can check it in the "Your account" section.
How do I increase the limit for SMS alerts?
There is an "add" link in the "Your account" section by the number of available text message/voice notifications which you can use to purchase an additional pack of 100 notifications for $7/€6 net.
How do I configure email filtering so that alerts are moved to a separate folder?
We suggest filtering according to the sender’s address, which is "".
How can I give another user access to checks history?
You can create a Sub-account, assuming your subscription plan offers this feature. If so, check the box "enable read-only access to the panel" next to the selected contact in the "Your contacts" section. Then decide whether the user should have access to all checks or only to selected ones. If you choose selected checks, you will need to enable access for a given user in the settings of each of these checks.
When creating a sub-account, you must define a user password—you can enter it or use the link to automatically generate a secure password.
I cannot delete one contact from the list. Why?
The first item on the list in "Your contacts" section is data from your account settings. You cannot delete it but you can edit it.
Monitoring reports an error but I can see that the website loads. What's happening?
The two most common situations in which this symptom occurs are:
- A badly configured server or application returns an HTTP error but still displays the page. Users will not notice the error but Google will consider the website to be unavailable and can remove it from the index.
- The scale of website traffic depletes the resources available in the hosting service. The website will load for some users, but everyone above a specified limit (e.g. number of processes) will see an error message (e.g. "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error").